domingo, 15 de janeiro de 2012

In english, please.

I may not be such a good writer in english as I am in portuguese. But i'm sure that no one who reads me in english will ever know how bad I am in portuguese. Lucky me!

Anyways, this post is an attempt to be fair to my friends all over the world.
I know that Daniel (the producer)  is trying to make his friends in America read my blog. I'm really thankfull for the effort, but I know that Google Translate sucks in so many ways...

So, lets get to what really matters here: my CD!

(Please notice that the blog's  title "Luiza e o Disco" is not about me and the 70's dance music. Although John Travolta, The Bee Gees and their associates are still huge all over the world, this ship has sailed. The real translation is Luiza and the Record or Luiza and the CD.)

First of all, this is an independent project based on only one thing: my love for music.
I've been singing since I was 8, but through the last 5 years things got a little more serious and now I've chosen to stablish a singing career. And this record is my biggest statement as a performing artist.

I've chosen songs written by brazilian composers that are the new generation of our music. Along with these ones, I wrote some songs too. The musicians are also brazilian. And my main goal is to do a modern brazilian music, with jazz references and with a sofisticated groove.
(Please notice again that when I say groove, I'm not talking about dance music. Groove is when you feel the pulse of music, like a beating heart. And you can't help yourself - the sound takes over you.)

And I've chosen Dan Garcia as a producer not only because he is a real gentleman and is one of the nicest people I've ever met. He is a great professional and his ideas about this record are the same as mine. None of the musicians involved in this project met Daniel before, and in only one week of hard work he is being recognized as a great producer by all of my friends.

I really hope that this CD gets to people all over the globe. And that my music, combined with Daniel's work, can overcome boundaries.

I'll try to make an effort to translate every post from now on – if only you promisse to share my blog on Facebook. I need more international readers. (Just for the record: I'm being sarcastic.Or not.)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário